Sunday, May 16, 2010

Newborns

These are not my children, however I would claim them and love them as if they were.
They are my nieces, my sisters babies.

We were so super excited to hear the good news that Kristin was pregnant for the second time last September. And for me, it meant lots of opportunity to play with newborn photo ideas. When Ella was born I was still in school, had no equipment, and was still shooting film so needless to say her newborn photos are less then stellar.

But with Sophie we were prepared and ready. Between Kristin and I both the ideas just kept coming. And so here we are a month into Sophie's life and we have had at least three full sessions already.

Due to some medical issues I have been out of commission for a few weeks but feeling better this weekend lead to major editing. Since Kris never has to pay (a perk for having a photographer sister) she does however always have to wait on her images. I usually edit the paying customers first which I am sure you are all thankful for this.

But I got so caught up this weekend that I had time to edit sweet Sophie's newborn sessions and much to your joy here are a few to drool over!


7 comments:

The Buchanan Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Buchanan Family said...

My favorite is the last one. Their both such pretty girls!

Michelle said...

Oh my.....I REALLY don't know what to say! These are the most beautiful newborn pics I have EVER seen.

cmcilwain said...

These pictures are so sweet. Kristin is so lucky to have you as a sister and photographer. I'm glad your eye problem is better.

Taz + Belly said...

My little love bunnies are SO cute. Thank you, K :).

CBM Photo said...

i think ive blog stalked enough. they're finally here and they look incredible.

Kamin said...

haha. Thanks C. I mean to email you! =)